Ideal if you want to refinance your current property
- Amount Minimum $50,000
- Rate Fixed[note 1 ]
- Payment frequency Monthly
- Terms 1, 3, 5, 7 or 10 years
- Amortization 30 years
Whether you're a US citizen, permanent resident or non-resident of the US, Desjardins Bank has a mortgage with an interest rate that fits your needs and lifestyle.
- Eligible property
types[note 2 ]
- Single family home
- Condo unit
- Mobile home with lot
- Cooperative housing unit
- Minimum loan amount[note 3 ]
- Interest rate
Fixed rate based on the initial term selected and the amount granted.
For interest rates, contact a Desjardins Bank branch.
1, 3, 5, 7 or 10 years
- Early repayment
No prepayment penalties
- Taxes and insurance
Must be paid monthly, at the same time as the mortgage principal and interest.
- Settlement agent
(Equivalent to a notary in Quebec or a lawyer in Ontario)
- All loans to purchase a cooperative housing unit must be settled by Dubow, Dubow & Wallace.
- Cost estimate
If you plan on buying a property, your advisor can provide you with an estimate of the related costs (once you've received the Loan Estimate document 3 business days after submitting your application).
- Desjardins caisse members
If you're a member of a Desjardins caisse and you're registered for AccèsD, you can accelerate the application process by printing out a copy of the Detailed view under Financial summary in AccèsD and bringing it to your appointment.
- Based on the initial term selected. Afterwards, the rate is renewable annually based on predetermined factors. [Back - Eligible property types]
- Area must be at least 500 square feet. [Back - Eligible property types]
- These loans apply to properties located in the counties of Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach. For properties located outside of these counties, the maximum loan amount authorized is 80% of the purchase price. [Back - Minimum loan amount]