Ideal if you want to refinance your current property
- Amount Minimum $50,000
- Rate Fixed or variable
- Payment frequency Monthly
- Terms 1, 3, 5 or 7 years
- Amortization 25 years
At the branch
Through a mortgage representative in Canada
Make an appointment with a mortgage representative:
- by email
- by phone at 1-877-875-1118, ext. 5095030
- online - External link. This link will open in a new window.
Whether you're a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or non-resident of the U.S., Desjardins Bank has a mortgage with an interest rate that fits your needs and lifestyle.
- Eligible property
types[note 1 ]
- Single family home
- Condo unit
- Mobile home with lot
- Cooperative housing unit
- Minimum loan amount[note 2 ]
- Interest rate
Fixed or variable rate based on the loan amount and term.
For interest rates, please contact a Desjardins Bank branch.
1, 3, 5 or 7 years
- Early repayment
No prepayment penalties
- Taxes and insurance
Must be paid monthly, at the same time as the mortgage principal and interest
- Settlement agent
(Equivalent to a notary in Quebec or a lawyer in Ontario)
- All loans to purchase a cooperative housing unit must be settled by Dubow, Dubow & Wallace.
- All loans to purchase a mobile home must be settled by Cambridge Title.
- Main fees
- Loan processing: $325
- Underwriting: $150
- Document preparation: $250
- Cost estimate
If you plan on buying a property, your advisor can provide you with an estimate of the related costs (once you've received the Loan Estimate document 3 business days after submitting your application).
Your real estate agent may require proof of prequalification for a mortgage. To get this document:
- Make an appointment with a Desjardins Bank advisor.
- Fill out the following documents and bring them to your appointment:
- Desjardins caisse members
If you're a member of a Desjardins caisse and you're registered for AccèsD, you can accelerate the application process by printing out a copy of the Detailed view under Financial summary in AccèsD and bringing it to your appointment.
- Area must be at least 500 square feet. [Back - Eligible property types]
- These loans apply to properties located in the counties of Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach. For properties located outside of these counties, the maximum loan amount authorized is 50% of the purchase price. [Back - Minimum loan amount]