Funds transfers from your caisse
Allows Desjardins members registered for AccèsD to deposit funds:
- in their Desjardins Bank account
- in another Desjardins Bank customer's account
On AccèsD, select United States - Desjardins Bank in Florida as the destination country.
Make your transfer in U.S. funds (USD) since your Desjardins Bank account is also in U.S. dollars.
Types of transfer
Direct deposit or SWIFT transfer.
U.S. law requires that all money transfers identify:
the person to whom the money is being sent (recipient):
- Type of recipient (individual or business)
- Type of destination account:
- Checking: the account number used is for a checking account
- Savings: the account number used is for a savings account (the fourth digit of the account number should be 4)
- Recipient's contact information (name and address of the person who holds the account at Desjardins Bank)
- the name of the bank branch where the recipient holds an account
- the recipient's account number
Maximum daily amount
For transfers to Desjardins Bank, the limit set in your file applies. This amount is posted on the Make a transfer page on AccèsD.
- Current market exchange rate.
- Exchange rates are current between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on business days.
- When the markets are closed (before 8:00 a.m. and after 4:30 p.m. on business days and on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays), Desjardins Group's Treasury increases the spread between the current buying and selling rates. The spread is readjusted once the markets open.
- Free for transfers made by direct deposit into a Desjardins Bank account. You must select United States - Desjardins Bank in Florida as the destination.
- Small charges apply to SWIFT transfers.
Processing time and security
- From 1 to 4 business days, based on the transfer type used.
- Money is transferred on a secure connection.
How it works
You must be a Desjardins caisse member or a Desjardins credit cardholder to use AccèsD.
Activate the international money transfer feature
You must go to your caisse to add a money transfer limit to your account or revise your current one.
Create your list of recipients
Log on to AccèsD, then click International money transfers and Manage list of recipients.
Have the following information on hand:
- address of the recipient you want to add
- the recipient's account number (enter the 10 digits of the account number as it appears on the bottom of cheques)
- address of the branch to which you want to send the funds
Make a transfer
Simply select the recipient from the list of recipients you have already added and select the type of transfer based on the destination country.
Make an international money transfer - This link will open in a new window.
- Funds accessible within 24 hours if the application is submitted by 1:00 p.m. on the same day.
- Fees to fill out application:
- Drafts and money orders are also accepted. Funds will be held for 10 business days.
Option to send funds in US dollars from your caisse account in Canadian or US dollars.
Deposits will be credited to your Desjardins Bank account the following business day at the exchange rate posted by the caisse on the day of the transaction.
If the transfer is made in US dollars:
- the exchange rate applied is the rate posted by your Desjardins caisse on the day of the transfer
If the transfer is made in Canadian dollars:
- the exchange rate applied is the rate posted by Desjardins Bank on the day it receives the transfer