- U.S. dollar card
- Direct payments US$1,500 per day
- ATM withdrawals US$1,000 per day
- No charge Withdrawals at Publix® supermarket and Allpoint Network ATMs
- 2 ways to make purchases Choose between debit and credit modes
The Desjardins Bank Debit Card gives you access to a wide network of merchants and ATMs, wherever you are.
Direct payment purchase limit of US$1,500 per day.
ATM withdrawal limit of US$1,000 per day.
- In the U.S.
Buy direct at all Mastercard® and Star® affiliated merchants.
Withdraw cash at Desjardins Bank ATMs, Mastercard network ATMs, and, at no charge[ 1 ], Publix® supermarket ATMs and Allpoint® ATMs.
- In Canada and elsewhere in the world
Buy direct at all Mastercard-affiliated merchants.
Withdraw cash at Desjardins Bank ATMs and Mastercard network ATMs.
2 ways to use your card
The Desjardins Bank Debit Card operates according to a widely-used model in the U.S. To make purchases in stores in the U.S., you must choose between 2 modes of payment: debit mode or credit mode[ 2 ].
- Debit mode purchases: Enter your PIN and the amount of purchase is immediately debited from your bank account.
- Credit mode purchases: Sign the merchant's transaction slip and the transaction amount is held against and immediately applied to your account, and then released and debited within a maximum of 5 days.
In Canada and elsewhere in the world, store purchases made with your Desjardins Bank Debit Card are processed as credit mode purchases[ 3 ].
Guaranteed 100% Secure
Thanks to your Desjardins Bank Debit Card, you also benefit from the Guaranteed 100% Secure program[ 4 ], which protects you against fraud due to unauthorized use of your card.
The Desjardins Bank Debit Card lets you:
- access your checking account information using an ATM
- make online purchases
- pay bills from organizations that accept Mastercard debit cards
- place orders by phone
® Desjardins Bank is an authorized user of the Mastercard International Inc., Star of Star Systems Inc. and Publix registered trademarks and designs. [Back]
- A $3.00 service charge applies to withdrawals made at ATMs other than those owned by Desjardins Bank and charged to your Desjardins Bank account. [Back]
- Whichever payment mode is used (debit mode or credit mode), transactions are accepted only if there are sufficient funds in your account. [Back]
- Desjardins Bank Debit Card transactions are protected by the Guaranteed 100% Secure program to the extent they meet the conditions described in your agreement. [Back]
- All transactions made abroad with the Desjardins Bank Debit Card will be converted into U.S. dollars. Service fees may apply. [Back]