Desjardins Bank Debit Card
More practical than money!
- Direct payment purchase limit of US$1,500 per day.
- ATM withdrawal limit of US$1,000 per day.
- Access to a wider network of merchants and ATMs, wherever you are.
In case of lost or stolen card
In the U.S.
- Buy direct at all MasterCardTM- and StarTM- affiliated merchants.
- Withdraw cash at Desjardins Bank ATMs, MasterCard network ATMs, and, at no charge1, PublixTM supermarket ATMs.
In Canada and elsewhere in the world
- Buy direct at all MasterCard-affiliated merchants.
- Withdraw cash at Desjardins Bank ATMs and MasterCard network ATMs.
Two ways to use your card
The Desjardins Bank Debit Card operates according to a widely-used model in the U.S. To make purchases in stores in the U.S., you must choose between two modes of payment: debit mode or credit mode2.
- Debit mode purchases
You enter your PIN and the amount of purchase is immediately debited from your bank account.
- Credit mode purchases
You sign the merchant’s transaction slip and the transaction amount is held against and immediately applied to your account, and then released and debited within a maximum of 5 days.
In Canada and elsewhere in the world, store purchases made with your Desjardins Bank Debit Card are processed as credit mode purchases.
Thanks to your Desjardins Bank Debit Card, you also benefit from the Guaranteed 100% Secure program3, which protects you against fraud due to unauthorized use of your card.
The Desjardins Bank Debit Card lets you:
® Desjardins Bank is an authorized user of the MasterCard International Inc., Star trademark of Star System Inc., and Publix registered trademarks and designs.
- access your checking or savings account information using an ATM
- identify yourself as a Desjardins Bank customer
- make online purchases
- pay bills from organizations that accept MasterCard debit cards
- place orders by phone
1. A $1.00 service charge applies to
withdrawals made at ATMs other than those owned by Desjardins Bank and charged to your Desjardins Bank account.
2. Whichever payment mode is used (debit mode or credit mode), transactions are accepted only if there are sufficient funds in your account.
3. Desjardins Bank Debit Card transactions are protected by the Guaranteed 100% Secure program to the extent they meet the conditions described in your agreement.
* All transactions made abroad with the Desjardins Bank Debit Card will be converted into U.S. dollars. Service fees may apply.